Five Goals for 25- 1 min
- Run five marathons—one for each year. Respect and care for the sacred vessel of my mind and soul.
- Find ways to incorporate joy, creativity, and love into every aspect of my life.
- Be a badass woman1 in technology, whether in a PhD program or a company. Do enough deep work to become a pioneer and expert in my field. Empower myself and others to do great work.
- Develop into a deep and insightful thinker with the power to communicate effectively. Write a book or collection of short stories. Learn how to speak with confidence and grace.
- Create artwork that taps into my spiritual energy. Focus not on the art, but the process: the thought, the feeling. The art will flow, naturally. Display my work in a gallery or in print.
These are cornerstone goals that inspire me, that lift me up. They keep me aligned with my values, and they are what keep me going when times are tough. In many ways, my goals complement one another. By pursuing all five goals for the next 4.5 years of my life, I am on my way towards a more balanced and fulfilling life.
1 To me, this is about embracing traits that seem more “feminine”, such as vulnerability, generosity, and compassion—while still being exceedingly competent. It means being self-aware enough to know how to turn my weaknesses into strengths, and my strengths into power.